The Importance of Network Design Review
A well-designed network is considered as a successful network. If a network is designed properly, all other network implementations work systematically. When a network is designed, all kind of major and minute technical details are kept in mind. Companies use Internet to communicate critical information to different areas. To carry out the information easily, companies need to plan ahead to provide a seamless end-user experience. But, the matter of concern is safety and security of any data sent across the network.
What is Network Design Review?
The Network Design Review service allows you to evaluate the security of your existing network architecture. Moreover, it helps you to identify any loophole in the network and how to cope up with it. The Network Design Review is useful as it checks the flexibility of your network to handle business and technology requirements.
After getting a Network Design Review, you will observe following predominant benefits:
- Identify the network security to recognize the weakness and strength in the present architecture. Using this, you can address the problem area which could affect the databases and applications.
- Ensure to deliver a smooth network design with security controls in an inclusive manner.
When to perform Network Design Review?
- When an organization plans to make significant changes in the network, it should perform a design review. It will provide assurance that the essential security controls are still present.
- When a company needs assurance regarding information technology risks. IT risks may include deployment of a new application/database etc.
Network Design Review: Methodology
To review a network design, an engineer needs to go through the following phases:
- Information Gathering
In this phase, the engineer needs to collect information about your network. First of all, he will audit all the documentations including network architecture and diagram, security requirements, technology inventory and DMZ. After this, the engineer would investigate the people involved in building a network, such as, network engineers, architects, and security analysts to obtain assurance that the gathered information is true.
- Analysis and Documentation
When an engineer confirms all the information regarding network design, he needs to verify the information and perform in-depth analysis. It is important that they should be acceptable by laws and regulations and required standards.
- Finding and Recommendations
After collecting and analyzing the information, the auditor provides a final report which would include the recommendations for a secure network. It would mention the required network enhancements as well as the hardware and software changes associated with these enhancements.